T: (812) 423-3183
Jeff is a trial lawyer with his practice devoted primarily to commercial, tort, employment, environmental and construction litigation, and government and municipal law. Jeff is committed to moving mountains for clients through zealous and effective representation.
- Attorney for Vanderburgh County Council (1997-present).
- Attorney for Town of Cynthiana (1992-present).
- Trials and litigation for businesses and corporations.
- Represented clients in appeals before Indiana Supreme Court, Indiana Court of Appeals, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defended businesses and insurance companies in personal injury and product liability cases.
- Defended businesses and management in employment and discrimination claims in courts and before the EEOC and other administrative agencies.
- Represented clients concerning complex business and commercial disputes, and on environmental and real estate matters.
- Litigated personal injury claims on behalf of victims.
Business and Professional Affiliations
- Indiana Registered Civil Mediator
- Evansville Bar Association, Bench & Bar Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association, Vice Chairman of Litigation Section State Council and Member of Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association, Member of Litigation Section, Tort & Insurance Section, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana Oil & Gas Association
- Illinois Oil & Gas Association
- The Chamber of Commerce of Southwest Indiana, Government Affairs Committee
- Rolling Hills Country Club, Past President of Board of Directors
- Evansville Country Club
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Seminars, Presentations and Publications
- Article, “There’s No Crying in Baseball… or Golf” (July 2014)
- Article, “Liability Risks for Volunteers and Coaches” (January 2013)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana Seminar Presenter
- American Inns of Court Seminar Presenter
- Doerner v. Swisher Int’l, Inc., 272 F.3d 928 (7th Cir. 2001)
- Vaughn v. Daniels Co., 841 N.E.2d 1133 (Ind. 2006), affirming in part and reversing in part, 777 N.E.2d 1110 (Ind.Ct.App 2002), clarified on reh’g 782 N.E.2d 1062 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Harness v. Parkar, et al., 965 N.E.2d 756 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012)
- Austin v. Vanderburgh County Sheriff Merit Comm’n, 761 N.E.2d 875 (Ind.Ct.App. 2002)
- Kifer v. Ellsworth, 346 F.3d 1155 (7th Cir. 2003)
- Hogge v. Champion Laboratories, Inc., 546 N.E.2d 1025 (Ill.App. 1989)
- Alexander v. PSB Lending Corp., 800 N.E.2d 984 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Litigation
- Government, Schools & Municipal Law
- Personal Injury and Negligence Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Mineral Law
- Civil Rights/Constitutional Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Collection & Creditors’ Rights
- Municipalities and Government
- DePauw University (B.A., 1984)
- Valparaiso University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- State of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit