Jeff is a trial lawyer with his practice devoted primarily to commercial, tort, employment, environmental and construction litigation, and government and municipal law. Jeff is committed to moving mountains for clients through zealous and effective representation.
- Attorney for Vanderburgh County Council (1997-present).
- Attorney for Town of Cynthiana (1992-present).
- Attorney for Town of New Harmony (2015-present).
- Trials and litigation for businesses and corporations.
- Represents clients in appeals before Indiana Supreme Court, Indiana Court of Appeals, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defends businesses and insurance companies in personal injury and product liability cases.
- Defends businesses and management in employment and discrimination claims in courts and before the EEOC and other administrative agencies.
- Represents clients concerning complex business and commercial disputes, and on environmental and real estate matters.
- Litigates personal injury claims on behalf of victims.
Business and Professional Affiliations
- Indiana Registered Civil Mediator
- Evansville Bar Association, Bench & Bar Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association, Vice Chairman of Litigation Section State Council and Member of Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association, Member of Litigation Section, Tort & Insurance Section, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana Oil & Gas Association
- Illinois Oil & Gas Association
- The Chamber of Commerce of Southwest Indiana, Government Affairs Committee
- Rolling Hills Country Club, Past President of Board of Directors
- Evansville Country Club
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Seminars, Presentations and Publications
- Article, “There’s No Crying in Baseball… or Golf” (July 2014)
- Article, “Liability Risks for Volunteers and Coaches” (January 2013)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana Seminar Presenter
- American Inns of Court Seminar Presenter
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation-Environmental
- Harness v. Parker, et al., 2012 WL 1134016 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012)
- Vaughn v. Daniels Co., 841 N.E.2d 1133 (Ind. 2006), affirming in part and reversing in part, 777 N.E.2d 1110 (Ind.Ct.App 2002), clarified on reh’g 782 N.E.2d 1062 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Kifer v. Ellsworth, 346 F.3d 1155 (7th Cir. 2003)
- Alexander v. PSB Lending Corp., 800 N.E.2d 984 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Austin v. Vanderburgh County Sheriff Merit Comm’n, 761 N.E.2d 875 (Ind.Ct.App. 2002)
- Doerner v. Swisher International, Inc., 272 F.3d 928 (7th Cir. 2001)
- Hogge v. Champion Laboratories, Inc., 546 N.E.2d 1025 (Ill.App. 1989)
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Litigation
- Government, Schools and Municipal Law
- Personal Injury and Negligence Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Mineral Law
- Civil Rights/Constitutional Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Collection and Creditors’ Rights
- Municipalities and Government
- Oil and Gas
- DePauw University (B.A., 1984)
- Valparaiso University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- State of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit