501 Main Street, Suite 305
P.O. Box 3646
Evansville, IN 47735-3646
Email Michael at
Michael has more than 10 years of experience assisting clients in the areas of bankruptcy, collection and creditors’ rights law, and complex commercial litigation involving business, environmental, construction, and real estate disputes and condemnation proceedings in state and federal courts in Indiana and Illinois. Michael uses his litigation experience to give his clients special perspective and advice on legal strategies regarding complex commercial transactions involving acquisitions, distributorships, commercial leases and protection of confidential information. Michael helps our clients effectively resolve disputes and continue to build their businesses.
Collections and Creditors’ Rights
Successfully collected millions of dollars in unpaid invoices for healthcare providers, automobile dealers, commercial and residential landlords, construction companies and other small business clients.
Achieved successful settlements of preference claims brought by trustees and debtors-in-possession in federal bankruptcy courts in Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan, helping our clients keep more of the money paid to them by customers.
Assisted secured lenders in replevin and foreclosure litigation involving vehicles, inventory, equipment, real estate and other assets.
Represents local prosecutors in achieving successful forfeiture of money, vehicles and other assets seized from criminal defendants for drug-related offenses.
Continue reading . . .
Business and Professional Affiliations
- Evansville Bar Association: Board of Directors (2009-2011), CLE Committee (2001-present), Commercial Law Section (2001-present, past co-chair), Real Estate Section (2001-present, past chair)
- Indiana State Bar Association: Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Section
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- International Association for Asset Recovery
Community and Civic Affiliations
- St. Vincent Center for Children and Families: Board of Directors
- Youth Resources Teen Court: Volunteer Attorney, Judge
- Student Financial Aid Association: Treasurer
- Leadership Evansville: Program Alumnus
- United Neighborhoods of Evansville
- Selected, Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2011 and 2012
- Rated, BV Distinguished®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Small Claims and Enforcement of Collection Judgments” (Evansville Bar Association – March 2008)
- “Fundamentals of Landlord-Tenant Law” (Sterling Education Services – November 2008)
- “Environmental Legal Update” (Evansville Chamber of Commerce – September 2005)
- New Rules for Preventing Identity Theft Impose Obligations on Businesses
- Bankruptcy Preference Claims: Getting Paid May Not be End of the Story
- Indiana Statute Curbs Eminent Domain Abuse
- Bankruptcy: Creditors’ Rights Improved
- Business Law
- Bankruptcy, Collection
and Creditors’ Rights
- Environmental Law
- Government, Schools and Municipal Law
- Litigation and Trial Services
- Municipalities and Government
- Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Notre Dame Law School
- State of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois