501 Main Street, Suite 305
P.O. Box 3646
Evansville, IN 47735-3646
Email Michael at
Michael has over 10 years of experience assisting clients in the areas of bankruptcy, collection & creditors’ rights law, and complex commercial litigation involving business, environmental, construction and real estate disputes and condemnation proceedings in state and federal courts in Indiana and Illinois. Michael uses his litigation experience to give his clients special perspective and advice on legal strategies regarding complex commercial transactions involving acquisitions, distributorships, commercial leases and protection of confidential information. Michael helps our clients effectively resolve disputes and continue to build their businesses.
Collections and Creditor’s Rights
Successfully collected millions of dollars in unpaid invoices for healthcare providers, automobile dealers, commercial and residential landlords, construction companies and other small business clients.
Achieved successful settlements of preference claims brought by trustees and debtors-in-possession in federal bankruptcy courts in Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan, helping our clients keep more of the money paid to them by customers.
Assisted secured lenders in replevin and foreclosure litigation involving vehicles, inventory, equipment, real estate and other assets.
Represents local prosecutors in achieving successful forfeiture of money, vehicles and other assets seized from criminal defendants for drug-related offenses.
Continue reading . . .
Business & Professional Affiliations
- Evansville Bar Association - Board of Directors (2009-2011), CLE Committee (2001-present), Commercial Law Section (2001-present, past co-chair), Real Estate Section (2001-present, past chair)
- Indiana State Bar Association - Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Section
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Brooks American Inns of Court
- International Association for Asset Recovery
- Youth Resources Teen Court – Volunteer Attorney and Judge
- St. Vincent Center for Children and Families – Board of Directors
- Ross Center Neighborhood Association – President
- Leadership Evansville – Program Alumnus
- United Neighborhoods of Evansville
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Indiana Super Lawyers® magazine, 2011 and 2012
- BV® rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Small Claims and Enforcement of Collection Judgments” (Evansville Bar Association – March 2008)
- “Fundamentals of Landlord-Tenant Law” (Sterling Education Services – November 2008)
- “Environmental Legal Update” (Evansville Chamber of Commerce – September 2005)
- New Rules for Preventing Identity Theft Impose Obligations on Businesses
- Bankruptcy Preference Claims: Getting Paid May Not be End of the Story
- Indiana Statute Curbs Eminent Domain Abuse
- Bankruptcy: Creditors’ Rights Improved
- Bankruptcy, Collection & Creditors’ Rights
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Government, Schools & Municipal Law
- Litigation & Trial Services
- Construction Law
- Education Law
- Municipalities & Government
- Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Notre Dame Law School
- State of Indiana
- U.S. District Court,Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court,
Southern District of Illinois