- FMLA Litigation: Obtained complete summary judgment in the Southern District of Indiana in favor of a large manufacturing company in suit brought by former employee alleging violations of his rights under the FMLA.
- Human Resources: Advises employers on human resources issues, including hiring new employees and evaluating, disciplining, and terminating existing employees.
- Employment Matters: Counsels employers in all areas of employment law, including wage and hour compliance, classification of exempt status, leave of absence issues, and compliance with federal, state and local laws, including Claims arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Employee Policy Manuals: Advises employers on best practices for avoiding litigation, including drafting legally compliant employee handbooks, workplace policies and procedures and providing training on such policies.
- Wrongful Termination Defense: Defends employers in resolution and litigation involving wrongful termination and breach of employment contract claims.
- Insurance Defense: Successfully defended driver in clear liability auto accident litigation; obtained jury verdict for less than pre-trial offer of settlement.
- Collections, Creditors’ Rights and Subrogation: Obtained successful judgments for clients in over 100 bench trials involving collection and subrogation matters.