- Mergers and Acquisitions: Advises sellers of businesses on pre-sale strategies to maximize sale price and minimize obstacles to a successful transaction. Advises purchasers on legal due diligence and other matters necessary to evaluate a target business. Advises both purchasers and sellers of businesses on alternate ways of structuring transactions, including asset sales, stock sales, and mergers. Negotiates terms and conditions of purchase and sale documents to protect his client’s interests, using a practical and cost-effective approach to achieve the client’s business objectives and to consummate the transaction in a timely basis.
- Real Estate Transactions: Represents clients in both commercial and residential real estate transactions, including the purchase and sale of real estate, negotiation and drafting of lease agreements and construction agreements, and resolving disputes in real estate transactions. Jeff has taught real estate licensing courses as an instructor for the Real Estate Certification Program and the Indiana Association of Realtors since 1989.
- Business Entities: Advises clients in selecting the proper choice of business entity, including limited liability companies, Sub Chapter S corporations, limited partnerships, joint ventures, not-for-profit corporations, and other business organizations. Represents clients in all phases of structuring their business organization, including the negotiation and drafting of stock restriction agreements, shareholder buy-sell agreements, articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, and operating agreements.
- Business Contracts: Represents clients in the negotiation, review and drafting of business contracts of all types, including franchise agreements, supplier agreements, independent contractor agreements, employment agreements, and non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Commercial Loan Transactions: Represents banks and commercial lenders in the negotiation, drafting, and review of complex loan transactions and documentation, including credit agreements, promissory notes, mortgages, security agreements, stock pledge agreements, subordination agreements, personal guaranties, estoppels and consent, and non-disturbance and attornment agreements.