Jeffrey W. Ahlers
Jeff Ahlers is an experienced attorney who represents individuals, businesses, insurance companies, units of government, and professionals in complex business and commercial disputes involving commercial, tort, contract, environmental, mineral, employment, construction, real estate, civil rights, and other areas of law. Also an Indiana Registered Civil Mediator, Jeff is committed to representing clients zealously and effectively.
- 1984: DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind., B.A.
- 1987: Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Ind., J.D.
- Attorney for Vanderburgh County Council (1997-present).
- Trials and litigation for businesses and corporations.
- Represents clients in appeals before Indiana Supreme Court, Indiana Court of Appeals, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defends businesses and insurance companies in personal injury and product liability cases.
- Defends businesses and management in employment and discrimination claims in courts and before the EEOC and other administrative agencies.
- Represents clients concerning complex business and commercial disputes, and on environmental and real estate matters.
- Litigates personal injury claims on behalf of victims.
- Attorney for Town of New Harmony (2015-2016).
- Attorney for Town of Cynthiana (1992-2015).
- Brown v. Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Dept., 85 N.E. 3d 866 (Ind. App. 2017)
- Harness v. Parker, et al., 2012 WL 1134016 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012)
- Vaughn v. Daniels Co., 841 N.E.2d 1133 (Ind. 2006), affirming in part and reversing in part, 777 N.E.2d 1110 (Ind.Ct.App 2002), clarified on reh’g 782 N.E.2d 1062 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Kifer v. Ellsworth, 346 F.3d 1155 (7th Cir. 2003)
- Austin v. Vanderburgh County Sheriff Merit Comm’n, 761 N.E.2d 875 (Ind.Ct.App. 2002)
- Doerner v. Swisher International, Inc., 272 F.3d 928 (7th Cir. 2001)
- Hogge v. Champion Laboratories, Inc., 546 N.E.2d 1025 (Ill.App. 1989)
- Alexander v. PSB Lending Corp., 800 N.E.2d 984 (Ind.Ct.App. 2003)
- Indiana Registered Civil Mediator
- Evansville Bar Association, Bench & Bar Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association, Immediate Past Chairman of Litigation Section State Council, and Member of Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association, Member of Litigation Section, Tort & Insurance Section, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana Oil & Gas Association
- Illinois Oil & Gas Association
- Southwest Indiana Chamber: Government Affairs Committee
- Rolling Hills Country Club: Former President of Board of Directors
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Publications and Presentations
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation-Environmental
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit