- Wills and Trusts: Assists individuals, married couples and same-sex partners to achieve their estate planning objectives through well-crafted wills/trusts, as recommended.
- Advance Directives: Advises clients on sensitive and important issues of what are commonly known as “advance directives” such as general durable powers of attorney (financial matters), healthcare representative appointments (surrogate medical treatment decisions), and life-prolonging procedures/living will declarations (acceptance or rejection of life-prolonging procedures or artificially-supplied nutrition/hydration in the terminal illness environment).
- Probate Administration/Small Estate Transfers: Advises executors in the resolution of decedents’ estates and the transfer of assets in the post-death environment through the Courts of Vanderburgh and surrounding counties, including access to assets, preparation of federal estate/Indiana inheritance tax returns and transfers of the net estates to designated beneficiaries. Advised individuals to efficiently, economically and quickly obtain the assets of decedents’ estate where probate administration is not required due to the small amount of assets to be accessed and transferred.
- Guardianships/Health Care Representatives: Represents individual and institutional petitioners seeking guardianship or appointment of medical treatment decision-makers for fragile individuals incapacitated by illness & incapable of providing informed self-consent to medical treatment or living situations.
- Private Adoptions: Assists in the successful legal adoptions of infants, toddlers, “tweens,” and adolescents, guiding clients through the maze of private adoption statutes to a successful completion of adoption plans.