Mallory C. Deckard
Mallory Deckard represents individuals, businesses and other clients with consistency, compassion and confidence. An even-keeled litigator and proactive counselor, she primarily practices family, insurance, personal injury, creditors’ rights, collections and general litigation law. A native of Avon, Indiana, Mallory practiced personal injury law and medical malpractice law at firms in Indianapolis and Evansville before joining the KDDK team. Mallory gained additional courtroom experience serving as an intern with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office during the three years of law school. She earned her Juris Doctor from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law in 2011, and her bachelor’s degree in psychology cum laude from Indiana University in 2008. Not only is Mallory dedicated to her clients and her practice, she is also dedicated to serving her community.
- 2008: Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., B.A. cum laude, Psychology
- 2011: Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Ind., J.D.
- State of Indiana
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Family Law: Represents individuals in the drafting and negotiation of pre-marriage contracts, dissolution of marriage (divorce), issues of child custody and child support, and other family law concerns, litigating matters that cannot be resolved outside of court.
- Litigation: Represents individuals, businesses and other entities in litigation before judges and juries alike in Indiana state courts.
- Personal Injury – Plaintiffs: Works to obtain fair compensation for those who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Personal Injury – Defense: Represents entities and individuals in defense of personal injury-related claims.
- Insurance Subrogation: Assists insurance carriers and commercial businesses in recovering losses involving motor vehicle accidents, homeowner issues and property damage claims.
- Creditors’ Rights and Collections: Represents creditors in a variety of industries in state courts to maximize recovery on past due claims.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Chair
- Volunteer Lawyer Program, Volunteer Lawyer
- Law Day Dinner, Co-Chair
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- Junior League of Evansville: Provisional Member
- Pro Bono Protective Order Project: Volunteer Attorney
- Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Alliance (YPA): Member, Social Committee
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra: Board of Directors
- Rotaract Club of Evansville: Member
- Parenting Time Center
- Center for Reproductive Rights
- Kids Voice of Indiana
- Albion Fellows Bacon Center
Publications and Presentations
- “Not Child’s Play: Mom to Serve Jail Time, Pay Attorney Fees for Violating Grandparent Visitation Order,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (March 2019)
- “Dealing with Water Drainage Issues: Liability and Immunity,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (January 2019)
- “Court of Appeals Requires Child’s Vaccination Despite Mother’s Religious Objection,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (January 2018)
- “Child Support and Deliberate Reduction of Income: What Can You Do?,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (July 2017)
- “Party Time? Social Hosts Should be Aware of Responsibility/Liability for Guests,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (November 2016)
- Selected, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine, Rising Star (2018)
- Recognized, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers (2015, 2014)
- Recipient, Norman Lefstein Gold Award of Excellence (for contributing more than 300 hours of pro bono service), Indiana University McKinney School of Law (2011)