Mallory C. Deckard
Mallory Deckard represents individuals, businesses and other clients with consistency and confidence. An even-keeled litigator and proactive counselor, she primarily practices insurance, personal injury, medical malpractice, family, and creditors’ rights, collections and bankruptcy law. A native of Avon, Indiana, Mallory practiced personal injury law and medical malpractice law at firms in Indianapolis and Evansville before joining the KDDK team. Mallory gained additional courtroom experience serving as an intern with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office during the three years of law school. She earned her Juris Doctor from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law in 2011, and her bachelor’s degree in psychology cum laude from Indiana University in 2008.
- 2008: Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., B.A. cum laude, Psychology
- 2011: Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Ind., J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Insurance Subrogation: Assists insurance carriers and commercial businesses in recovering losses involving motor vehicle accidents, homeowner issues and property damage claims.
- Personal Injury – Plaintiffs: Works to obtain fair compensation for those who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Personal Injury – Defense: Represents entities and individuals in defense of personal injury-related claims.
- Litigation: Represents individuals, businesses and other entities in litigation before judges and juries alike in Indiana state courts.
- Medical Malpractice – Defense: Defends physicians, specialists, sub-specialists, and other healthcare providers against medical malpractice claims.
- Creditors’ Rights and Collections: Represents creditors in a variety of industries in state courts to maximize recovery on past due claims.
- Family Law: Represents individuals in the drafting and negotiation of pre-marriage contracts, dissolution of marriage (divorce), issues of child custody and child support, and other family law concerns, litigating matters that cannot be resolved outside of court.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra: Board of Directors
- Rotaract Club of Evansville
Publications and Presentations
- Recognized, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers (2014, 2015)
- Recipient, Norman Lefstein Gold Award of Excellence (for contributing more than 300 hours of pro bono service), Indiana University McKinney School of Law (2011)