Matthew D. Malcolm
Matthew D. Malcolm practices business law, real estate law, economic development law, creditors’ rights law, bankruptcy law, and debt collection law in the State of Indiana. Focusing on results, he is interested in meeting each client’s needs and providing quality counsel. Matt blends his business background with his legal knowledge. In doing so, he provides legal analysis and counsels his clients on the business and financial implications of a client's legal options. Prior to joining Kahn, Dees, Donovan & Kahn, Matt interned with the Marion County Public Defender’s Agency and with KDDK.
While pursuing his Juris Doctor at Indiana University’s Maurer School of Law, Matt was involved with the Bankruptcy Debtor Program, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies (Notes Editor), Sherman Minton Moot Court, Indiana University Student Association (Grammarian), and Congressional Committee (Chairperson). He served as an International Orientation Guide (Co-Leader) and was a member of Delta Tau Delta (Judicial Board Member) and Campus Crusade for Christ (Student Leader) while studying international management and Mandarin at Butler University in Indianapolis. He is a native of Westfield, Ind.
- 2010: Butler University, Indianapolis, Ind., B.S., International Management, Mandarin minor, B.S.
- 2014: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Ind., J.D.
Publications and Presentations
- “IRS to Begin Use of Private Collection Agencies,” Article posted on KDDK.com, Author (September 2016)
- “Income Tax Considerations for Same Sex Couples,” Brooks American Inn of Court Seminar, Presenter (March 2016)
- “Introduction to Contracts,” Southern Indiana Association of Realtors Seminar, Presenter (February 2016)
- “Indiana 2015 Tax Amnesty Program Under Fire for Inaccurate Notices,” Article posted on KDDK.com, Author (November 2015)
- “Indiana Tax Amnesty Ending November 16, 2015,” Article posted on KDDK.com, Author (October 2015)
- “Symbols, Contract Ambiguity, and the Duty to Ask Questions,” Article posted on KDDK.com, Author (December 2014)
- Evansville Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Brooks American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- Warrick Humane Society: Board of Directors
- Southwest Indiana Chamber: Young Professional Alliance Secretary
- Youth Resources of Southwest Indiana: Teen Court Volunteer
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana: Young Leaders United
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Butler University Academic Scholarship
- Butler University College of Business Krannert Scholarship
- Midge Rust Award
- Top 10% of Butler University College of Business Class