- Environmental Cost Recovery: Aids property owners and operators in the recovery of funds from prior owners and operators and insurance to address environmental fees and expenses typically associated with the investigation and clean-up of historical manufacturing, dry cleaning and underground storage tank operations. As part of these efforts, has overseen trusts and funding for multiple high-dollar environmental claims for individuals, businesses and governmental entities.
- Environmental Assessments and Due Diligence: Frequently involved with environmental due diligence reviews for complex real estate transactions and mergers and acquisitions for mid-size, national and international companies. Helps coordinate environmental assessments and environmental agreements as part of the environmental due diligence process.
- Underground Storage Tanks/Indiana Excess Liability Trust Fund: Pursues environmental claims and reimbursement on behalf of owners and operators for costs incurred related to the investigation and clean-up of leaking underground storage tanks. Has represented multiple owners and operators in the Excess Liability Trust Fund appeals process to establish reimbursement rights to the fund.
- Environmental Litigation: Assists in the representation of plaintiffs and defendants in claims brought under CERCLA, Indiana’s Environmental Legal Action Statute or Underground Storage Tank Act, as well as the negotiation of cost allocation and contribution agreements. Also represents clients in various air permitting matters and appeals.
- Trademark and Copyright: Involved in the registration, assignment and renewal of trademarks and copyrights. Also frequently involved with the licensing and defense of intellectual property through cease and desist actions. Negotiates confidentiality agreements pertaining to client’s trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property. Evaluates intellectual property policies for various-sized entities.