Ryan Schulz’s practice focuses on business law, real estate law, construction law, estate planning and trial and litigation services. Ryan has helped counsel clients through complicated business and construction transactions and can be of assistance to any company in reviewing contracts, negotiating contracts, drafting contracts, and handling litigation involving a variety of business transactions, including construction, manufacturing, real estate and other business contracts. Hardworking and personable, clients enjoy working with Ryan and appreciate his responsiveness.
- 2005: Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., B.S., Sport Marketing and Management
- 2008: Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Ind., J.D.
- 2008: Renmin University of China School of Law, Beijing, China, Chinese Law Certification
- Represents manufacturers in the negotiation of multi-year supply agreements and other legal matters dealing with commercial law issues such as risk of loss, delivery, liability, indemnity, warranty, volume bonus and rebate issues.
- Assists construction clients in the negotiation and incorporation of clauses such as indemnity, warranty, liability limitations, and dispute resolution.
- Represents buyers and sellers of commercial real estate with their transactions. Represents clients in real estate litigation and dispute resolution.
- Negotiates and drafts an array of business agreements for corporate clients including but not limited to terms and conditions of sale, user terms and conditions, non-competition/non-disclosure agreements, asset purchase agreements, real estate purchase agreements, commercial lease agreements, residential lease agreements, stock purchase agreements, independent contractor agreements, and other business transactional agreements.
- Advises closely-held businesses on legal issues from incorporation, to day-to-day business operations, to the winding down of the business.
- Successfully prosecutes and resolves complicated corporate officer and shareholder disputes
- Real Estate
Publications and Presentations
- “Battle of the Forms – The Saga Continues,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (March 2017)
- “Landlords: Remember to Register Your Properties,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (March 2016)
- “Avoid Going ‘All-In’ On A Single Contract: Negotiating Liability Limits,” The Network, Indiana State Bar Association, Co-Author (August 2014)
- “Recent Changes to Indiana Condominium Association Law,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (September 2014)
- “Supply Contracts and Purchase Orders: Why the Boilerplate Really Matters,” Kahn, Dees, Donovan & Kahn Seminar, Presenter (May 2014)
- “Suppliers Beware: Are you Exclusive With Your Buyers?,” Indiana State Bar Association, Author (February 2014)
- “Have Errors in Your Company’s Property Tax Assessment Occurred since April 1, 2000? Act Fast!” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (January 2014)
- “The Good, Bad and Ugly of “All Requirements” Contracts,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (December 2013)
- “Evansville Residential Rental Property Registry Deadline is Tomorrow (May 31, 2013),” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (May 2013)
- “Own Rental Property? You Better Register,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (March 2013)
- “The Essential Lease,” Property Owners and Managers Association, Presenter (February 2013)
- “Suppliers Beware of Favored Nations Clauses,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (October 2012)
- “Landlord-Tenant Law – Lease Drafting, Structuring and Negotiations,” Sterling Education Services, Presenter (October 2012)
- “Estate Planning For Young Professionals,” KDDK Lunch & Learn, Presenter (May 2012)
- “Indiana State-Mandated Real Property Reassessment to Occur March 1, 2012,” Article Published on KDDK.com, Author (March 2012)
- “Property Tax In Indiana – Property Tax Appeals Procedures,” Lorman Education Services, Presenter (December 2011)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association: Real Property Section, Chair
- City of Evansville Building Commission: Hearing Officer
- Point Man of Newburgh: Golf Outing Co-Founder and Chair
- Evansville Fire Merit Commission: President
- Evansville Otters Baseball Club: Advisory Board Member
- Southwest Indiana Chamber: Board of Directors, Former Member; Young Professionals Alliance, Former Chair
- Evansville Mayor Winnecke Emerging Leaders Counsel: Former Member
- 1816 Group: Co-Founder
- Youth First, Inc.: Board of Directors, Former Member
- Rotaract Club of Evansville: Former President
- Indiana University Alumni Club of Greater Evansville: Former Board Member
- Indiana University Adopt-a-School Program, Mater Dei High School: Former Participant
- Leadership Evansville: Program Alumnus
- Selected, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine, Rising Star (2018, 2017, 2016)
- Honored, Up and Coming Lawyer, The Indiana Lawyer (2015)
- Recipient, Donald R. Lundberg Writing Award presented by the Indiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (2014)
- Selected, “20 Under 40,” Evansville Business Journal (2012)
- Named “Up & Comer,” Evansville Business Journal/Evansville Courier and Press (2009)
- State of Indiana
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana