Jon Goldman represents employers in all areas of employment and labor law. Jon also represents both public and private universities, in a broad range of federal and state, statutory and regulatory issues.
Jon routinely handles matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights. Jon has jury trial experience in Indiana and Kentucky and has defended employers in discrimination, wrongful termination, labor arbitration, NLRB and other employment cases. Jon has also represented employers in union avoidance and union representation election campaigns. Jon previously served as one of the firm’s Co-Managing Partners.
- 1973: Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., B.A.
- 1974: Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- 1977: Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Ill., J.D.
- Employment Law: Defends employment discrimination lawsuits in both federal and state court. Has protected favorable judgments before the United States Court of Appeals in both the Sixth and Seventh Circuits.
- Labor Law: Represents employers in Southwestern Indiana and Western Kentucky before the National Labor Relations Board in representation, unit clarification, decertification and unfair labor practice proceedings. Jon also negotiates collective bargaining agreements.
- Labor Contract Administration, Arbitration and Negotiations: Assists employers in the day-to-day administration of labor contracts, including the arbitration of issues involving discipline, discharge, demotion to lower classification, subcontracting and a broad range of issues involving management rights.
- Employment Law Compliance Counseling: Provides legal and practical guidance regarding employment related decisions of all types, including employment policies, the implications of social media in the workplace, employment agreements, non-competition protection and severance agreements. Provides corporate compliance training on a wide range of issues including fair employment practices, effective discipline, defensible termination and the importance of ethical business practices in an age of intense external and internal competition.
- College and University Law: Assists public and private University clients navigate a broad range of matters including faculty and student due process rights, disclosure of information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Clery Act, disabled students and faculty, tenure, student discipline and U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights Investigations.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Diaz v. Professional Transportation, Inc., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 10825 (M.D. Fla. January 29, 2014).
- National Association of College and University Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association
- Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center of Southwestern Indiana, Inc.: Executive Committee, Former Board Chair
- Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science: Advisory Committee
- Bronstein Charitable Trust: Advisory Committee
- Evansville Signature School Foundation: Board of Directors
- Evansville-Vanderburgh County School Corporation: Former Superintendent’s Business Council Member
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana: Former Board of Directors Member
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Rated, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Employment Law – Management
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Labor Law – Management
- Selected, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine and Super Lawyers Business Edition® (2009 – 2011)